When interviewing, always have a brief list of questions that you would like to ask of your potential employer. Being prepared will go a long way in expressing your genuine interest in the position and the company. Remember, while questions about salary and benefits are important; do not bring up these in the initial interview.
Here are some questions you might want to ask:
1) Please describe the duties of the job.
2) What kinds of duties might I expect in the first six months of the job?
3) Does your company encourage further education?
4) What do you like best about your job/company?
5) Has there been much turnover in this job area?