Clinical Nurse Educator
Location: Greater Philadelphia Region
Contact: Janene Cleary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Nurse Educator | Medical Device Company | Southwest Territory
This search is being conducted on behalf of our Medical Device client who has FDA approval for the treatment of depression. This treatment has the CE mark of approval and is used globally.
This individual will be the medical expert in clinical development and use of our client’s device to treat depression. This includes training of customers consistent with the labeled indication for use of the device, training of the Clinical Investigators to meet their specific protocol needs, as well as training of the staff.
With extensive medical device training experience, the team member will increase utilization in the commercial and research environments through continually developing and executing new and innovative education strategies for our customers in order to ensure that our client’s device becomes the Standard of Care for depressed patients in the psychiatric community.
One will discuss with physician’s patient selection, warnings and risks, as well as risk benefit analysis for treatment of patients who may not be within the indicated population. Scientific publications must be read regularly to be able to appropriately answer these questions.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND ROLE:
- Privately held medical device company with 120 employees.
- The environment is high-energy.
- Reports to the Clinical Training Associate Director.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and update our client’s training curriculum for the staff and customers.
- Provide on-call support for clinical training questions from customers, researchers and staff.
- Provide content development and updates of the on-line self-study program.
- Perform new customer training on the safe and proper use of our client’s device as needed.
- Educate sales staff on the features and proper use of the device and TrakStar.
- Educate sales staff on the device to prepare them for training of customer staff, including safe and proper use of the device, TrakStar, as well as identifying patients.
- Provide continual training and mentorship of sales training staff as well as annual observation of junior sales training staff customer trainings.
- Collaborate with Product Development to enhance, develop, test and validate new company features and product upgrades.
- Develop and provide outside US customer/distributor training.
- Support clinical development and other research initiatives, including sponsored and Investigator Initiated Trial Programs. This includes but is not limited to understanding the research and face-to-face meetings with clinical researchers regarding the current and future studies.
- Conduct Regular reviews of published literature on existing and other indications of all devices. Discuss the data with physicians to help determine risk benefit to the patient.
- Communicate customer ideas and knowledge of competitive trends to departments within the team.
- Collect initial Medical Event report information, conduct investigation, and provide clear and complete written documentation to assure compliance with the Regulatory Requirements.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum BS in Nursing or Health Sciences.
- Five (5) years of experience in the medical industry, demonstrating the following clinical abilities:
- Clinical teaching/in-servicing/training experience.
- Clinical research experience.
- Able to lead high-level clinical discussions with company staff and physician customers.
- Able to supervise and mentor field clinical training staff.
- Ability to communicate product and product related clinical information and evidence-based outcomes clearly and concisely.
- Evidence of strong collaborative and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of effective technical concepts, principles, and tools.
- Cross-functional experiences in working with teams and/or leading and supporting sales and marketing teams.
Janene Cleary, Director Life Sciences Recruiting
Phone: 267-483-5233 x 103
The Bandish Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
1432 Easton Road, Warrington, PA 18976