Clinical Medical Director Program Leader - Orphan Disease
Location: Greater Boston Area
Contact: Donna Gross, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Medical Director Program Leader - Orphan Disease | Clinical-Stage Biopharmaceutical Company | Greater Boston Area | RETAINED
In this role one will be the face of the program, serving as the cross-functional leader guiding and directing the creation and execution of a development program for a portfolio compound or a group of compounds currently in clinical development. This responsibility requires consideration and integration of all functional activities relevant to the successful development, registration, manufacture, and commercialization of the product. One will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND ROLE:
- Our client is a publicly traded clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company.
- CEO with significant global, large organization, multiple function & therapeutic management experience.
- Leadership team have multiple major successes over years of experience.
- Opportunity to help shape the future of a small organization biotech with a big vision.
Location: Our client is located in Boston, MA area.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the effort to create, articulate and present an integrated cross-functional strategy for all aspects of product development, consistent with the overall strategy.
- Maintains primary responsibility for the ensuing deliverables, with the Product Development Plan.
- Reviews and analyzes emerging disease and product scientific data objectively to drive team toward recommendations that highlight opportunities, address potential risks, and proactively provide appropriate mitigations.
- Collaborates with functions to ensure program is appropriately resourced and stays within allocated budget, and champions requests for incremental resources when appropriate.
- Works continually with supporting teams to ensure that executed plans are consistent with the Target Product Profile Ensures the continually validation of the viability of the program from a scientific and commercial perspective.
- Develops clear, prospective Go/No-Go decision points and serves as a champion for the program.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- MD degree is required.
- Experience in drug development is preferred; specialty areas include Hepatology, GI, Immunology or IM to work on pediatric indications of liver and GI disease.
- A minimum of 8 years or relevant experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech setting.
- Drug development experience in liver diseases and pediatric indications.
- Experience leading a team in a cross-functional environment, preferably with global scope.
- Deep expertise in the relevant disease area/field of science and/or drug development.
- Ability to objectively exercise judgment and create pragmatic solutions to address complex cross-functional problems, and to be accountable for obtaining stakeholder advice to make informed decisions, in order to move a program forward in the face of uncertainty or incomplete data.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members from across functional areas; must be able to lead through influence and bring out the best in others.
- Strong collaboration, facilitative leadership, executive function, and problem-solving skills.
Donna Gross, Director Life Sciences Recruiting
Phone: 267.483.5233 ext. 101
The Bandish Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
1432 Easton Road, Warrington, PA 18976