Global Medical Director Psychiatry/Mood Disorder
Location: Greater San Francisco Area
Contact: Jackie Bandish, firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Medical Director Psychiatry/Schizophrenia | Medical Device Company
This Global Medical Director search is being conducted for our medical device client that develops new age technologies to treat patients with mood disorders with a particular focus in schizophrenia. In this role you can make such a tremendous impact as the lead clinician in development. As the Clinical Lead for the Schizophrenia program, you will manage all clinical aspects of the Schizophrenia clinical development program.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND ROLE:
- They have 2 offices; (1) Boston MA with 25 employees and (1) San Francisco office with 35 employees. Both locations are expected to double in size by year end.
- Pre-IPO company with anticipation of going public in late 2018, early 2019.
- The ideal candidate will be a Clinician that has worked along the mood disorder spectrum (Schizophrenia, General Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, and other major depressive disorders), that brings experience in managing clinical development activities from target product profile through to registration.
Location: This position will be located in the San Francisco office which offers easy commuting options.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage schizophrenia clinical development program from TPP through clinical trials, regulatory submission, and beyond.
- Provide expert medical advice to the Program team for the clinical development of digital therapeutics.
- Lead and manage origination and generation of therapeutic and clinical content for therapeutic application.
- Work closely with Product team and Product Manager, Designers, Data Science, Engineers and other key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Provide direct medical input and source external expert input into development of the TPP and subsequent therapeutic content and logic for product development team.
- Lead/participate in ad hoc investigator meetings, advisory committee meetings.
- Coordinate and represent Clinical at Regulatory meetings as Clinical Lead.
- Design and supervise Pear sponsored clinical trials, user research studies as well as participate in medical interpretation of data analyses and safety reviews.
- Originate, review and provide valuable input into clinical documentation to support clinical development and regulatory filings (e.g. clinical protocols, CRFs, Statistical Analysis Plans, Clinical Study Reports) to ensure scientific and medical accuracy.
- Responsibilities may include post marketing commitments and life cycle management initiatives.
- Develop and demonstrate expertise in data review and interpretation to deliver meaningful efficacy and safety conclusions.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- D, MD/PhDs, PhDs, or DO required, schizophrenia/psychotic-spectrum disorders experience required.
- Specialty training with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in Clinical Practice, Consulting, Clinical Development in the Biotech, Digital or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Facility with digital applications, concepts, tools, language.
- Strong collaborative interpersonal and communication skills, ability to problem solve and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time.
- Ability to participate in early and after-hours events and calls.
Jackie Bandish, Head of Life Sciences Recruiting
Phone: 267.483.5233 ext. 104
The Bandish Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
1432 Easton Road, Warrington, PA 18976