Business Development Senior Director
Location: Greater Boston Area
Contact: Jackie Bandish, email@example.com
Business Development Senior Director | Biopharmaceutical Company | RETAINED
This search is being conducted on behalf or our science-driven biopharmaceutical client who focused on the development of new therapeutics. We have been retained to identify a Senior Director, Business Development who will apply their deep technical and scientific knowledge to support local, national and international deals evaluating opportunities for search and evaluation, licensing/or collaboration.
Location: This company is located in the greater Boston area in an area that allows for easy commute to local major roadways.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND ROLE:
- One will be responsible for identifying new product opportunities in specific assigned therapeutic and technology areas while implementing the Business Strategy aligned with a diverse preclinical and clinical pipeline of assets.
- Our client went public in 2014.
- Their lead product received FDA approval in early 2017.
- Reports into the VP, Business Development.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, search, analyze and present Competitive Intelligence landscape information.
- Work closely with internal business partners in Medical Affairs, R&D and Commercial, to develop comprehensive value propositions.
- Map and maintain a relevant list of domestic and international key conferences.
- Act as a scientific prospector for identifying new research collaborations, preclinical compounds, clinical compounds and/or technologies through licensing.
- Perform scientific evaluation of opportunities that haven’t yet reached clinical-proof-of-concept.
- Analyze the full range of data to profile candidate partnering opportunities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS or PhD in a life sciences discipline required, MBA a plus.
- At least 5 and preferably 10 years of experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceuticals industry.
- One must have oncology experience and broad-based scientific knowledge across osteoporosis and endocrinology therapeutic areas.
- Deep understanding of how basic science technologies are applied to medical objectives, and ability to communicate this for key opportunities to stakeholders and management.
- Possesses an extensive network of contacts in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry.
- Deep technical knowledge in at least 2 of the following areas, with broad knowledge across all: genomics, bioinformatics, molecular biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical R&D and biologic drug manufacturing.
Jackie Bandish, Head of Life Sciences Recruiting
Phone: 267.483.5233 ext. 104
The Bandish Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
1432 Easton Road, Warrington, PA 18976