Location: Greater Philadelphia Region
Contact: Donna Gross, firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Director Medical Affairs | Medical Device Company
This Medical Director Medical Affairs search is being conducted on behalf of our client who has FDA approval for the treatment of depression. This treatment has the CE mark of approval and is used globally.
In this role, one will provide scientific and medical support for the current and future product portfolio. This person will build strong partnerships with the internal organization and an outside medical community to maximize our client’s clinical value proposition.
We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated, organized and efficient person to make a difference in the lives of people with psychiatric disorders.
Location: This company is located in the metro Philadelphia area in an area that allows for an easy commute to local major roadways.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND ROLE:
- Privately held medical device company with 120 employees.
- The environment is high-energy.
- This person is a solid leader and a mentor to the others within the organization.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, both internal and external, to define strategic medical objectives for business and generate global customer requirements.
- Serve as the company’s “point person” with the psychiatric community, developing relationships with thought leaders and clinical investigators and communicate their ideas and suggestions to the internal organization.
- Contribute regularly to internal knowledge of the products and therapies. Stay abreast on relevant clinical literature. Define and implement a publication pipeline in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide medical input on Risk-Benefit analysis on products and therapies, including pre- and post-market activities. Assist in preparation of Clinical Evaluation Reports (CERs) and Post-Market Surveillance reports.
- Participate in regulatory and legal review of internal and external documentation.
- Answer questions from physicians regarding off-label inquiries to allow physicians to make clinical decisions for the patients.
- Assist in development of Key Opinion Leaders, including but not limited to education and communication.
- Help plan and actively participate in advisory boards. Represent our client at Medical Societies meetings, Grand Rounds, Payer meetings, meetings with Health Authorities and other events.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Degree with Board Certification in Psychiatry or Neurology.
- Understanding clinical trial design and top-level statistics.
- Hands on experience in clinical research.
- Experience in writing scientific papers and podium presentations.
- Ideal candidate has experience with TMS therapy.
- At least 5 years’ experience with Pharma or Medical Devices in the area of Psychiatry or Neurology.
Donna Gross, Director Life Sciences Recruiting
Phone: 267-483-5233 ext 101
The Bandish Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
1432 Easton Road, Warrington, PA 18976